"Entrance Gate" may become a symbol of Prospekt Vernadskogo after renovation
The Prospekt Vernadskogo district in the west of the capital was included in the list of the five initial sites selected for the renovation program.
Four architectural consortia worked on the concept of its transformation. Experts and Muscovites themselves will choose the winner.
Master's Plan LLC is one of the finalists of the architectural competition, whose specialists worked in a consortium with the Spanish postmodernist architect Ricardo Bofill. In a blitz interview with Stroycomplex portal Olga Melnikova, chief architect of Master's Plan LLC, spoke about the features of the developed project.
- How did you divide the responsibilities for the development of the project, working in tandem with your Spanish colleagues?
- In contrast to our foreign partners, we are well familiar with the Russian regulatory framework. So the Spanish developed the architectural project, and we adapted it for the regulations.
The Bofill team proposed to create comfortable courtyard spaces with a height of 6-9 floors, while clearly separating the private courtyard and public space. This solution suited us as well, we want to create the most comfortable conditions for the relocated people.
- How was the project developed?
- We were given a very detailed technical specification. Initially we knew the number of five-storey buildings, which we had to resettle with 40% more living space, apartment layout - the exact number of one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments and their areas.
In addition, we had data on the existing deficit of kindergartens and schools in the renovation neighborhoods. We knew of three or four starting sites that could be used for the first phase of resettlement. As a result, we were able to develop a four-stage process of wave resettlement with minimal implementation time, while prioritising the comfort of the residents and taking into account all the technical requirements of the process itself.
- What kind of social objects are missing in the neighborhood?
- We lack about 900 places in kindergartens. We managed not only to compensate this deficit, but also add about 1600 more places. We plan to build new schools with a total capacity of about 1000 places. We kept two polyclinics and proposed to build new fitness centers and to develop the cultural fund in the district.
- What cultural facilities according to your project will appear in Prospekt Vernadskogo district?
- At this stage we only give suggestions on the direction of functions. There will be more specifics later. In the southern part of our project is MGIMO. We propose to organize a public area opposite the university within the boundaries of the project and introduce an educational function into it. It could be a cultural and leisure center where students can hold cultural events.
- Does your project have some kind of architectural dominant of the area?
- Yes, there will be two office towers next to the metro, connected by a covered bridge-like passageway - a symbolic entrance gate over Vernadsky Prospekt. They could become a new recognizable accent of the district.
The appearance of offices here is completely justified: the area will be fully provided with transport infrastructure, because two metro stations of Prospekt Vernadskogo - Sokolnicheskaya line and the Third Transfer Circuit - will be located within walking distance from them.